Dysmenorrhea Treatment: Does It Exist

The threat of painful periods is prevalent in most women. These terrible periods can span a longer time that most other women's menstrual cycles. A dysmenorrhea sufferer may struggle with making it through a painful period. Pain can last all month long. Seeking help may make you feel alone because no one quiet understands the pain that you are going through. That may make it seem like treatment for chronic dysmenorrhea is impossible.

Dysmenorrhea can range from mild discomfort to extreme, debilitating pain. One of the worst complications of painful periods is that they are not well understood or respected by the general public, or even by some doctors. Because most women menstruate and many suffer from cramps, the severe pain that often occurs is not validated. This misunderstanding can leave the sufferer feeling alone and losing confidence in the ability to overcome.

There are drugs that can be prescribed for the pain. These drugs target overall pain and often have a heavy sedative effect. Side effects for these types of pills may be harsh. Heavy nausea, vomiting, dizziness, and sleepiness are common when taking pain pills. They are also common side effects of severe cramps, so taking pills may not seem like a viable option.

Ibuprofen, a NAISD, is good for cramps, as it is an anti-inflammatory drug. When taking any pill or even eating anything during an attack, it is important to know your body. Menstrual migraine sufferers will want to time the consumption before the peak of migraine, when digestion has stopped, otherwise vomiting may occur. Vomiting could abort the migraine, so it is really up to you how you want to deal with the issues at hand.

A nice way to get comfortable is to cuddle up with a heating pad. Place it on the painful area and let the heat warm the soul. This is a great option when painful periods make you feel alone and weak. Cramps can cause inflammation, so applying cold to the area is soothing. Change the hot and cold often to keep the treatment working. If you are not a fan of feeling coldness or heat on your skin, then try a different treatment. Being irritated by something simple can make it harder to deal with your cramps.

Supplements, like B-vitamins, are helpful for women. Along with calcium and magnesium, these supplements help with PMS, which can make it harder to deal with the cramps. Potassium is good to restore an ion balance in the body. Maintain homeostasis as often as possible to prevent cramps and other health problems.

When the pain strikes, it is easy and often inevitable to feel powerless to your physiology. This victim mentality is harmful. Do not give in to the pain. The pain can make you feel helpless. It can leave you screaming and crying out, like your life is ending. But keeping a peaceful mind can help get you through the pain.

The use of special methods for relaxing will aide you in your quest to master your pain. There are countless new age and ancient techniques to call on. Mirror therapy works by making eye contact with your body in a free standing mirror. Meditating this way puts your mind back into your body when the pain seems overwhelming. This can give you the power over your body that you need. Other types of meditations send your mind away from the body, that way your conscious self will not have to experience the pain at all.

There is a such thing as dysmenorrhea treatment. Do not let your doctors give up hope on you or allow them to consider you just another menstrual case. Remember that too many women suffer from menstrual pain, but your pain still means something. Find a support system to keep your confidence up and to validate your feelings. Use various techniques to help you through pain.

Write a comment

Comments: 8
  • #1

Dalchis (Thursday, 27 October 2011 13:43)

Hm, I’m just comfortable with this but still not entirely convinced, hence i’m going to research a touch more.

• #2

Rich (Saturday, 12 November 2011 13:36)

Fine one submit. Normal downside is G. transform their own thoughts far too frequently.

• #3

Netta (Wednesday, 23 November 2011 21:16)

Simply no registration app on Twitter. Extension may be the highest advantage of simplicity. FREE Automated WordPress to twitter plugin

• #4

Andy (Sunday, 11 March 2012 12:32)

Nice one info, thx

• #5

Orlando (Tuesday, 03 April 2012 20:17)

Good post dude

• #6

Kikipal (Wednesday, 04 July 2012 15:28)

nice post

• #7

asereti (Wednesday, 05 December 2012 23:38)

I have to express my appreciation to this writer for bailing me out of this type of setting. Because of checking through the the web and seeing tricks that were not helpful, I figured my life was done. Living minus the solutions to the issues you've fixed by way of this review is a critical case, as well as the ones that would have adversely affected my career if I hadn't noticed your web blog. Your main know-how and kindness in touching all the things was useful. I'm not sure what I would have done if I hadn't discovered such a stuff like this. I am able to now look forward to my future. Thank you so much for this specialized and amazing help. I won't think twice to propose your web blog to any person who desires counselling about this subject.

• #8

greterewse (Friday, 07 December 2012 05:02)

I truly wanted to construct a quick message in order to thank you for the stunning tips and tricks you are giving on this website. My incredibly long internet look up has now been rewarded with reliable suggestions to share with my friends. I would repeat that many of us visitors are rather endowed to be in a very good site with so many marvellous individuals with insightful plans. I feel quite privileged to have encountered your webpage and look forward to some more awesome minutes reading here. Thanks a lot once more for a lot of things.I wish to show my thanks to this writer just for bailing me out of this particular scenario. As a result of checking throughout the the net and seeing suggestions that were not pleasant, I was thinking my life was well over. Being alive minus the solutions to the issues you have resolved as a result of the article is a critical case, and the ones that might have adversely damaged my career if I hadn't noticed your website. Your main expertise and kindness in maneuvering every aspect was vital. I'm not sure what I would've done if I had not discovered such a stuff like this. It's possible to at this point look forward to my future. Thanks for your time so much for your skilled and result oriented help. I will not be reluctant to endorse your site to any individual who needs and wants guidelines about this subject.